- 1. We believe the Bible, Old and New Testament, is the word of God. It is fully inspired and without error in the original manuscripts, written under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit. It has supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct. It provides the complete revelation for the salvation of man. (2 Peter 1:2; 2 Timothy 3:15-16).
- 2. We believe there is one true and living God, the Creator of all things, eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit (Genesis 1:26; Isaiah 46:9; Matthew 3:16-17, 28:19; John 10:30).
- 3. We believe in Jesus Christ, God’s only Son. His humanity and deity (John 1:1,14); His virgin birth (Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:23; Luke 1:35); His sinless life (Hebrews 4:15, 7:26); His miracles (John 2:11); His vicarious and atoning death (1 Corinthians 15:3; Ephesians 1:7; Hebrews 2:9); His resurrection (John 11:25; 1 Corinthians 15:4); His ascension (Mark 16:19); His intercession at the right hand of the Father (Romans 8:34); His imminent and personal return in power and glory (Acts 1:11; I Thess. 4:16-17; Revelation 19:11-16).
- 4. We believe in the Holy Spirit who came from the Father and the Son, to convict the world of sin, righteousness, and judgment (John 16:8); to regenerate, sanctify, and empower all who believe in Jesus Christ (John 14:16-17; Romans 8:9); to indwell every believer in Christ (Acts 1:8; Ephesians 1:13-14); to abide, teach and help (John 14:26; John 15:26; John 16:13); to equip the Church to serve and glorify God (Romans 8:13-14; 1 Corinthians 3:16; 6:19-20; Ephesians 4:30; 5:18).
- 5. We believe in the necessity of regeneration by the Holy Spirit for Salvation. (John 3:3-6) Man was created in the image of God, but because of man’s sin and his sinful nature stands guilty, eternally lost and separated from God. The shed blood of Jesus Christ, who rose from the dead, provides the only remedy for sin; men are justified by faith in the blood of Jesus Christ, and by God’s grace through faith are saved from the penalty of sin unto eternal life. (John 3:16-19; 5:24; Romans 3:23; 5:8-9; Ephesians 2:8-10; Titus 3:5; 1 Peter 1:18; 1 John 1:7).
- 6. We believe in the Universal Church. A living spiritual body of which Christ is the Head and all regenerated persons are members. We believe in the Local Church, consisting of people believing by faith in Jesus Christ. The Church is characterized by love for one another. (John 13:35; 1 John. 3:23; Romans 8:9-16; 1 Corinthians 12:12-14; Galatians 3:26-28; Ephesians 4:1-16).
- God commands His Church to preach the gospel to all people, teaching them to accept and adhere to His teachings and to be ambassadors for Him in the present evil world. (Matthew 28:18-20; Mark 16:15; Luke 24:44-48; John 20:21; 2 Corinthians 5:20; Philippians 2:15)
- 7. We believe in Water Baptism and the Lord’s Supper. Jesus gave these two ordinances to the Church. (Matthew 28:19; Matthew 3:13-17; Romans 6:1-10; Colossian 2:12; Act 2:41-42, 8:12; I Corinthians 10:16-17, 11:24-27, Luke 22:19-20)
- 8. We believe in the resurrection, the personal and visible return of the Lord Jesus Christ to the earth and the establishment of His Kingdom (I Thess. 4:13-18). We believe in the resurrection of the body, the final judgement, the eternal joy of the righteous, and the endless suffering of the wicked.
- 9. We believe marriage is a covenant relationship established by God between one man and one woman which God created in His own image. We abide by Jesus’ teaching on marriage (Matthew 19:4b-6) and affirm and value God’s gift of marriage. (Genesis 1:27; Genesis 2:23-24; I Corinthians 7:1-16, Ephesians 5:22-33; Hebrews 13:4)